Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ryan Janek Wolowski on MTV from Poland


Today is my MTV Networks / Viacom 28th year anniversary, although I have been staff for five years with the network the history goes back to 28 years ago in Europe, it was the summer of 1984 when I was living for the summer in Poland and the English Heavy Metal Band Iron Maiden filmed the story of touring a Communist Country for the video "Behind the Iron Curtain". Iron Maiden arrived in Poland to play Torwar Hall to promote their new LP Powerslave. I was having lunch at The Hotel Victoria in Warsaw, when Iron Maiden arrived, we chatted with them in the hotel lobby and my mother Theresa Irene Wolowski alerted Bruce Dickinson to not drink the water or he would get the runs.... Long story short the footage that was filmed was used for a documentary that aired on MTV and was later released on the "Behind the Iron Curtain" video, which was re-released in 2008 on the Live After Death (dvd bonus disk 2). Here is a clip from that video at 2:08 when I was 12 years old wearing red shorts taking a photo with my brother Bill and Iron Maiden singer Bruce Dickinson which was published in Faces Magazine, enjoy~

Post a Comment

0 Comments